Introduction to Construction Procurement€0
About this course
– Intermediate/Specialist Course –
This programme is to be delivered in a mix of blended elearning using Virtual Classroom (via Zoom), breakout rooms and guided practice. It consists of 4 highly interactive Live Virtual Classroom Sessions, individual & team activities, accompanied with supporting documentation.
Following completion of the course participants will command the Conditions of Engagement and Public Works Contracts and associated documents and know the differences between them and which ones to use. They will be confident to complete a Suitability Assessment Questionnaire (SAQ). It will guide them through what is perceived as a very complex process and aims to equip them with the knowledge that is required to award consultancy and construction contracts. The trainer will step-through the various documents, using sample text and allow the course participants the opportunity to work through some of the more common and complex documents online both individually and in breakout rooms.
Date & Duration
This course comprises four half-days.
Please contact us for the next open course dates.
This course can also be delivered in-house and can be tailored to meet the specific needs of your public sector organisation or group.
This course is ideal for those within an engineering section or procurement section tasked with awarding public works and engineering consultancy contracts.
Having completed practical and interactive activities during this online training, learners will have the confidence and ability to compile consultancy and construction contracts under the open and restricted procedures. They will understand the assessment of tenders and the Quality/Price ratio and have knowledge of the Instructions to Tender (ITT), Form of Tender, pricing documents, and associated contract documents.
Session 1: Virtual Classroom Session (3 hours)
- Summary of Key Procurement Features
- Overview of CWMF
- Stages of a Contract
- Conditions of Engagement – CoE
- Restricted Tendering: Documents
- Tendering for Design Teams
Session 2: Virtual Classroom Session (3 hours)
- Qualification & Award Criteria
- Walk through SAQ:
- Restricted Procedure (QC1)
- Appendices (A, A1, B1 & B3)
- Overview of Documents:
- Instruction to Tenderers,
- Form of Tender & schedules
- Contracts (CoE)
- Pricing and other documents
- Assessment of Tenders – Quality/Price Ratio
Session 3: Virtual Classroom Session (3 hours)
- Public Works Contracts – PWC
- Walk through a completed SAQ:
- Open Procedure (QW2)
- Restricted Tendering documents vs Open
- Qualitative Assessment & Marking
- QW3 – Specialists
- Works Contracts – Composition of Work Team Contractors/Specialists/Sub-Contractors
Session 4: Virtual Classroom Session (3 hours)
- Contract Management
- Service Level Agreements
- Key Performance Indicators
- Use of Lots in Tendering
- Pricing & Bill of Quantities (BoQ)
- Evaluations, Clarifications & Record Keeping
- Modifications to Contracts Post Award
- Recap on Training & Key Learnings
€995 per participant. All training costs are VAT exempt.
There is a 10% discount when 3 or more places are booked on this course.
What background knowledge is necessary?
Staff experienced in the basics of national and EU procurement who are also tasked with drafting documentation using the CWMF for engineering services and works contracts.
What is the refund policy?
All cancellations must be received in writing or the full course fee is
payable. Where delegates cancel more than 5 days prior to the course 50% of the course fee is payable. Cancellations received within 5 days
will be liable for the full fee.
Substitutions may be made at any time prior to the event.
Do I need to take the courses in a specific order?
Ideally after the Understanding Public Procurement Course or relevant experience.