Life-cycle Costing and Carbon Accounting in Procurement€0
About this course
– Intermediate / Specialist Course –
Participants in this course will gain familiarity with key approaches and tools to enable life-cycle costing and carbon accounting in procurement. More organisations in Ireland are starting to account for emissions as part of procurement, and this trend is set to accelerate. There is a need to ensure robust methods, transparency and equal treatment as part of these processes.
Date & Duration
This is a half-day course.
Next dates: • Tue 5th Dec 2023 • Thu 18th Jan 2024 • Mon 4th March 2024
On completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the difference between Life-cycle Costing and Life-cycle Assessment, and how both can be used in procurement
- The EU and Irish legal framework for LCC and LCA, including under the Capital Works Management Framework
- Methods and tools for LCC and LCA
- Worked through examples to assist with the application
Procurement and/or sustainability professionals and staff with responsibility for procurement as part of their role. Participants will receive a copy of course materials including slides, templates and links to further resources