Implementing Sustainable Procurement€0
About this course
– Intermediate and Specialist Course –
Sustainable Public Procurement has a key role to play in delivering on ambitious climate goals and national targets and there is an obligation on every public body to play its part. Under the Climate Action Plan, all procurement using public funds will have to include green criteria by 2023. New legislation now applies to the procurement of many goods and services, including vehicles; building works; and energy-using products.
The Green Public Procurement training programme is being delivered by Greenville Procurement Partners, the leading consultancy and training providers guiding public and utility procurement in Ireland on foot of a successful series of programmes in 2020-2022.
Next dates: • Thu 29th Feb & Tue 5th Mar & Thu 14th Mar 2024
Combination of live virtual sessions led by trainers and self-managed online learning modules.
Live sessions; 1.5 days which can be delivered in three half-day sessions Self-directed sessions; 4 x 1 hour online modules
Participants will attain at least an intermediate level of competency in the environmental aspects of sustainable procurement, as defined by the ProcurComp EU Framework. This means upon completion participants will be able to:
Implement sustainable procurement aspects in technical specifications, selection and award criteria, contract clauses and key performance indicators;
- Use sustainable procurement tools and methods, such us standards, life-cycle costing and labels;
- Carry out research, analysis and networking activities that support sustainable procurement decisions;
- Monitor the sustainability impact and performance of the project, including commitments made by contractors and subcontractors.
In addition, participants will attain knowledge and competency in the application of SPP criteria in one or more of the following specific categories which they are responsible for procuring:
- Professional services
- Buildings and engineering
- Facilities management, heating and lighting
- ICT and office supplies
- Cleaning and catering
- Vehicles and transport services
- Facilities Management, Heating and Lighting
Procurement practitioners, managers and sustainability professionals working in or with the public sector. This course is aimed at those with some knowledge/experience of public procurement. Prior experience with GPP or circular procurement is not required.