Advanced Public ProcurementFree
About this course
– Advanced Course –
This programme is designed to meet the requirement for participants to further their knowledge and expertise on the more complex nuanced features of the Public Procurement Regime, whether for the public sector or utilities. It will address the more infrequently used procedures such as competitive dialogue, competitive procedure with negotiation, innovation partnership, procedures involving negotiation (for Title III/Service Concessions) as well as features such as modifications to contract post-award, derogations from competition and handling complex clarifications. It will also refer students to key jurisprudence which guides our understanding of some of the more difficult questions faced by procurement professionals.
This is an in-person course in Dublin with significant networking opportunities
Dates & Duration
This course consists of 4 In-person Sessions over 2 days
Next dates: • Wed 1st May & Thu 2nd May 2024 • 9.30am to 4.30pm both days
This course can also be delivered in-house and can be tailored to meet the specific needs of your public sector organisation or group.
Experienced procurement professionals who have successfully managed full tender processes under the open and restricted procedures who are keen to build on their skills and expertise and gain confidence in responding to the more complex queries which arise from time to time. This is a follow-on course from Understanding Public Procurement Course.
On completion of this training, the participant will have acquired knowledge of how and when to use competitive and negotiated procedures, manage clarifications, modifications and negotiations as tools in facilitating successful contract awards. They will also have access to the jurisprudence backing up how to respond to abnormally low tenders, inadmissible tenders and other complex issues.
- Deciding on when to use the following procedures and what they involve
- Competitive Dialogue
- Competitive Procedure with Negotiation
- Innovation Partnership
- Designing Procedures involving Negotiation (for Title III/Concession Services)
- Handling clarifications at each stage of the tender process
- Who to invite, what to discuss – During qualification/ tender stage
- The modification process
- The allowable increases under the directive
- The circumstances for applying the 50% rule
- Drafting and Completing Modification Notices
- Circumstances where modifications are not allowed
- Derogations from competition
- What to do with irregular or unacceptable tenders (Art. 26)
- What to do with unsuitable tenders (Art. 32)
- Drafting and Publishing VEAT notices
- Inadmissible applicants and tenders
- Abnormally low tenders
- Strategies for future proofing procurement
- Contracts with options on Projects – services and works and Article 32, where options can be negotiated
- Contracts with options – where options are identified and catered for in original tender
- Case Study
- Question and Answers
€995 per participant. All training costs are VAT exempt. There is a 10% discount when 3 or more places are booked on this course.
What background knowledge is necessary?
Staff experienced in all aspects of procurement who want to enhance their knowledge of the nuances of the Directives.
What is the refund policy?
All cancellations must be received in writing or the full course fee is payable. Where delegates cancel more than 5 days prior to the course 50% of the course fee is payable. Cancellations received within 5 days will be liable for the full fee. Substitutions may be made at any time prior to the event.
Do I need to take the courses in a specific order?
Ideally the Understanding Programme and / or 2-3 years’ experience in procurement.